Intelligent, purpose-built vision and smart analytics allow brick-and-mortar stores to better compete with highly optimized online retail. AI empowers retailers to boost business outcomes through automation, optimization and intelligent targeting. Stores are also able to offer a safe shopping experience by scanning for face masks and supporting contactless transactions.
Compatible with various types of cameras, the Hailo AI processor offers powerful neural processing of high-resolution video in real time. Its efficient, low-power and compact form factor and several deployment options allow manufacturers and end customers to realize efficiencies and cost savings.
Intelligent video analytics turn data into significant insights that translate into better performance for retail operations. Our customers use Hailo AI processor-powered intelligent cameras to perform deep learning tasks such as semantic segmentation, object detection, classification and facial recognition for meaningful applications such as:
- Customer flow analysis – people counting and store heatmaps provide insights about visit and dwell times and important KPIs like footfall
- Queue detection – manage wait times and service staff efficiently
- Smart advertising – personalization and smart customer segmentation and targeting
- Store conversion, glance time and purchasing behavior analytics give context to sales numbers
- Shelf & inventory management – insights for visual merchandising, shelf management and stock management
- Security & privacy – customer identification and identity authentication, intelligent store inspection for loss prevention
- Safety – monitor social distance, alert about safety hazards like spills in the aisle
The advancement of AI in retail largely depends on the ability of an edge AI processor to natively support the key applications mentioned above in high-accuracy and in real-time. The Hailo-8 AI chip provides high-resolution, high-frame rate neural processing that allows capturing the smallest objects in a wide area of interest, using low-power and small size commercial or custom IP cameras.
Hailo AI processor’s neural processing enables automation of small and large retail operations. Smart cameras and devices are increasingly used to make brick-and-mortar stores not only more efficient, but safer in light of rising demand for contactless interactions.
TheHailo AI processor performs complex deep learning tasks such as object detection and classification, complex pattern recognition, pose estimation and facial recognition, among others. It processes high-resolution video efficiently and in real time. These industry-leading capabilities enable vision-guidance for robotic operation for:
- Cashierless stores – product identification, customer recognition, advanced payment methods, store security monitoring
- Autonomous retail logistics – unmanned inventory management, packing & delivery etc
- The fully automated retail operation of the future, with front- and back-of-the-house populated robots navigating, sorting, picking and handling objects and interacting with humans
Hailo AI processor can be designed into cameras, as well as deployed externally to empower existing devices with advanced AI capabilities in a cost-efficient manner. A single chip can power a system that spans the entire smart store, covering every angle and detecting the smallest products and gestures in real time.