Embedded Imaging Software Engineer
Hailo is a leading start-up developing a first-in-class deep learning inference processor for smart devices in various industries. Hailo offers a breakthrough processor uniquely designed to accelerate embedded AI applications on edge devices.
We combine a fundamental understanding of the way neural networks operate with our team’s expertise in SW and HW architecture, to develop a product that has the potential to be a landmark in computer technology. The company is built from a mixture of experts from various fields, coming from the elite units of the intelligence community and the leading tech companies in Israel, with a track record of executing complex projects from the ground up.
Hailo is looking to hire a motivated and skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join our software group in Tel Aviv and take part in ramping up our imaging software from the ground up. As a team member, you will be responsible for our imaging software, which is running in multiple environments such as Embedded Software, Real-Time Firmware and Linux (User and Kernel space). If you’re a talented and motivated Embedded Software Engineer who is excited about difficult low-level challenges, we want to meet you!
- Help building and developing our imaging software stack running on Hailo's best-in-class Edge AI SoC, all the way from a Proof-of-Concept to a leading product.
- Develop in different SW environments: including low level drivers, real-time Firmware, Embedded Linux (User and Kernel space), complex infrastructure and frameworks (such as Yocto), runtime libraries (such as Gstreamer, V4L2, etc..) and more.
- Work closely with the hardware, integrating and debugging complex hardware/software systems while taking into account challenging requirements as part of managing a large-scale embedded system.
- Official education from known universities in Israel or abroad, STEM degree with high grades or relevant IDF experience from army technical units.
- 5+ years of versatile R&D experience in C/C++.
- Linux experience (User/Kernel/Drivers).
- Hard-working, committed and self-reliant.
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Fluent English.
- Experience with Real-Time Firmware and complex SoCs.
- HW bring up experience.
- Experience in computer vision and digital image processing.
- Familiarity with V4L2 and\or other video processing pipelines.
- Strong scripting capabilities.
We are passionate about building an inclusive and equitable working environment.
We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements– no worries!
Our DNA is characterized by openness to multi-disciplinary people, who bring great potential to grow with us, not just a skills set list. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.